Monday, 20 January 2014

The Buried Life

Authors Note:

My name is Bethany Rempel and I am 17 years old. This is a list of 50 things I would like to accomplish before I die. Some of the things on the list are easy and some are more difficult and might require some planning. But they are all things that I’ve always wanted to do. Life moves fast and we get caught up in the routine and the business of each day. Sometimes you have to stop and look around and ask yourself, is this really what I want to be doing? I think it’s important for people to get out; try something new, get out of their comfort zones and not just let life pass you by. So that is why I have written this bucket list. I want to accomplish these things before I die and live life to the fullest.

1. Meet my sponsor child
2. Get my black belt in Jui Jitsu
3. Start a journal
4. Dine and Dash
5. Meet my pen-pal
6. Go to Africa for missions
7. Swim with dolphins
8. Travel across Europe
9. Get matching tattoos with my best friend
10. Get a half-sleeve
11. Grow old with someone I love
12. Adopt a child from a different country
13. Live in a country long enough to learn the language fluently
14. Deliver Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes
15. Raise a puppy
16. Punch someone (with a justified reason of course)
17. Skinny Dip
18. Decorate an apartment/condo/house
19. Work up the guts to sky dive
20. Be a maid of honour
21. Get married
22. Ride an elephant
23. Go snorkeling
24. Learn to play guitar
25. Go to Cuba and learn to salsa dance
26. Meet Miley Cyrus
27. Start going to a yoga class
28. Longboard in British Columbia
29. Hug a lion
30. Go hiking on a mountain
31. Be part of a flash mob
32. Take a dance class
33. Learn how to sew
34. Shoot a gun
35. Learn how to do a trick on my longboard
36. Be in a photo-shoot
37. Fight in a tournament
38. See James Vincent in concert
39. Go on a cruise ship
40. See the pyramids
41. Pay for the person behind me at a drive thru
42. Go to a rave
43. Be in a New Girl episode
44. Graduate high school
45. Have my own horse
46. Get a job as a waitress
47. Learn to bartend
48. Learn how to dive
49. Learn how to do a handstand
50. Go to a bachelorette party


Now What:


I’ve always wanted to get my black belt in some kind of martial art. I took karate for 2 and a half years and got to my fourth belt but I didn’t really enjoy it because I felt I wasn’t learning anything that would actually help me in the real world, like self-defense. I stopped taking martial arts for about 2 years but I really missed fighting. Last year I joined Academy 64 which is a club that offers Muay Thai kick-boxing, Women’s MMA and Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I have my white belt and I have earned one stripe on it so far. It’s so going and it’s a big commitment. If I want to keep advancing in my belt then I have to make time to go at least twice a week. I also take the kick-boxing class which is great cardio and helps keep me in shape. I know how to strike and also grapple and I have been working hard the last year to get where I am now. Hopefully one day I will receive my black belt in Brazilian Jui Jitsu.

18 comments:

  1. I liked the visuals in your video, the music was cool too. Good luck with your black belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your video, I thought it was a good representation of your personality. Good luck with your black belt, that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sick I didn't know you did all that karate stuff. Hope you get your black belts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try kick boxing so I think it's so cool that you actually do! Good luck in getting your black belt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both had "get in a fight" on our list and I mean I wouldn't want to fight you if your gonna be a black belt one day I think you might win, but good video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's really cool that you do marshal arts if always wanted to try doing kick boxing or even boxing. Good luck on getting your back belt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's cool you want to do martial arts stuff, it's pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to take a martial art as well, and I think I'm going to start taking aikido! Good luck on working your way up to a black belt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pretty unique how you take Ju Jitsu and Muay Thai kickboxing. Not many people do. Good luck with your black belt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck getting your black belt, I think that's a really good goal to have and looks like fun. I really like the design and look of your video!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the song you chose! One of my favourites! I adore kickboxing, I wish you the best of luck earning your black belt! That would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that it's pretty cool that you want to get your black belt, that would be so hard but good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your video a lot. It was one of the best animoto videos so far. I liked the song and theme you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked the theme of your video it made it look super cool, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats so cool how you're into kick boxing and stuff like that, ive always wanted to try it! earning your black belt will be exciting good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a lot of work to get your black belt, I quit tae kwon do when I was younger just before my black belt so good job for going for your black belt I am sure it's more work then I can imagine !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was about to use that song in my video! I think that's awesome that you want a black belt! I wish you all the best in doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked your video a lot! I think it is really cool how you want a black belt! Good luck in achieving that.

    ReplyDelete